[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.3 compile barfs on AIX 4.3.3

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:02:40 +0100 (CET)

Some week later (ok, I did do other things in between) I have
promising fileserver and volserver binaries compiled with the
following setup:

PATH starts with /usr/vac/bin:/usr/bin

DO NOT USE /usr/ibmcxx/bin/anything !

Selected pieces from lslpp -l

  vac.C                      4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler
  vac.C.readme.ibm           4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX iFOR/LS Information
  vac.html.SBCS.search       4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler
  vac.html.common.search     4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler
  vac.html.en_US.C           4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler
  vac.html.en_US.search      4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler
  vac.msg.en_US.C            4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler Messages -
  vac.C                      4.4.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Compiler

  bos.up                    4.3.3.79  COMMITTED  Base Operating System
  bos.rte                   4.3.3.75  COMMITTED  Base Operating System Runtime

There are lots of warning messages during the compile, that could be
nicer, but I get a binary that can attach volumes, which is more than
I got when compiling with the stuff in /usr/ibmcxx/bin/.

Harald.