[OpenAFS-devel] volumes and ip addresses

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:33:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Patrick Sodre Carlos wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>    I was wondering why the volserver always stores the ip address
> for the replication sites et.al instead of the hostnames that it was
> given. Is it possible/feasible to change that behavior? The advantage
> would be that then one could  have fileservers with dynamic IPs which, in
> my adsl-minded opinion, is a good idea.

it's uuid based. it should pick up that the server has been renumbered on
its own but it for some reason it doesn't you can use vos changeaddr.

hostname-based vldb won't work, or at least won't be useful