[OpenAFS-devel] Windows client - memory leak?

Scott D. Williams sdw@email.unc.edu
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:28:59 -0400

We have also observed a memory leak in long-running Windows clients (1.2.3
on XP, for instance). I'm just starting to look into it...
--ScottW

From: "Michael Lasevich" <openafslist@lasevich.net>
To: "OpenAFS Info List" <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:48:31 -0700
Subject: [OpenAFS] Windows OpenAFS client
Is it just me, or does the Windows AFS client is having all sorts of issues?
I am running version 1.2.2b (latest as per the website) and I've been having
a LOT of issues that occur if you leave the process running for too long.
For one - it seems to be eating memory like crazy, after leaving it running
for 4 days - it was using almost 1.5gig of ram (restart freed up most of the
memory) I periodically have messages like
Application popup: AFS Client: afscreds.exe - Application Error : The
instruction at "0x611042ab" referenced memory at "0xa6b354f8". The memory
could not be "read".
and
"The description for Event ID ( 1005 ) in Source ( AFS Client ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: Pkt straddled session startup, took 78047
ms, ncb length 82."
Anyone else is having issues with this? Should I attempt to re-compile the
client from scratch?
-Michael