[OpenAFS-devel] Windows - interest in InstallShield 7 installer?

Scott D. Williams sdw@email.unc.edu
Fri, 03 May 2002 14:44:46 -0400

Hello,

I've been working on a custom OpenAFS installer using InstallShield
Developer 7.02. After some effort, I've got something that seems to work.
There are both good and bad things about this version.
Bad - Client only; lets you choose install directory and mappings only;
English only
Good - Smaller (~5MB), no dlls (functions recreated in script), complete
cleanup,  all relative paths (drop it in place & go),

Anyway, it's a work-in-progress (and not guaranteed :), but if anyone's
interested  I can make an installer and the project files available. The
installer is completely uncompressed so setup.bmp and afsdcell.ini can be
replaced (and the whole thing bound with PackageForTheWeb). I'll make it so
the default cell can be similarly altered.  Changing the version number
will require the project files since the [ProductVersion] property is
immutable at runtime.

--ScottW