[OpenAFS-devel] System Call Stubs for IA64

Srikanth Vishwanathan vsrikanth@in.ibm.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 12:33:00 -0400

> afs_syscall is going to be gp (module space) relative.  you need to write
> afs_syscall so that it is not going to be gp (module space) relative and
will
> be resolved by the insmod when the module is loaded.  this would then
work.

Thanks for the explanation Chas. I see the point. The Itanium Runtime
Architecture Guide also talks about putting putting data in the text
segment to make it independent of the gp. I understand this a lot
better now.

> btw, i think ((long)(fptr))[1] is the gp, not ((long)(fptr))[0].
Yeah, right.

Srikanth.