[OpenAFS-devel] interesting issue with setgroups wrapper...

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:36:02 -0400

>Not sure. Thing is - initgroups is purely a c-lib function, and it
>doesn't have this behavior.

setgroups() probably doesnt call initgroups().  initgroups() does
a setgroups() based on the info in /etc/group.

>Reason I'm seeing this is that samba is periodically clearing out the
>group list for it's security context stuff, resulting in users losing
>access since the pag is thrown away.

isnt samba single threaded?  each user needs a different pag group.
(but this pag information isnt going to be stored in /etc/group of course).
is samba trying to swap between users groups?  you might need to find
a way to preserve the pag information about each user.