[OpenAFS-devel] interesting issue with setgroups wrapper...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:29:07 -0500

Yes/no... It's an "anonymous user", but it's still a connection that you
established with your password.

i.e. map to //host/username, then to //host/public, where public is a
guest accessible share.

Also, it doesn't appear this is completely reliable behavior, as I can
reproduce it sometimes, but not others. (Not sure 100% what causes the
setgroups() to be issued, it doesn't get issued in all cases.)

I just figured that this behavior is different than all the other
initgroups/setgroups behaviors. They both maintain the pag for all cases
other than the empty-group-list case. If it passes a list of groups -
i.e. if 'nobody' had some aux groups, it would maintain the pag.=20

-- Nathan