[OpenAFS-devel] AFS ticket logging and Windows clients

Christos Ricudis ricudis@itc.auth.gr
Wed, 29 May 2002 14:10:38 +0300 (EEST)

Dear sirs,

I am trying to log ticket aquisition events on the kaserver. I modified
the kaserver RPC functions in kauth/kaprocs.c to log every call of
Authenticate() and GetTicket(). Ticket acquisition from a client is logged
normally, as long as the client is a UNIX machine :-). It seems that the
Windows NT AFS Client uses a different mechanism to acquire tokens than
the UNIX AFS client. We use Transarc Windows NT AFS Client versions
3.5 - 3.6.

Can somebody elaborate on the mechanism that the Windows clients use to
obtain tickets from the kaserver?

Thank you very much