[OpenAFS-devel] redhat, syscall, ia64 and other strange things...

Niklas Jakobsson nico@pdc.kth.se
12 Nov 2002 14:08:03 +0100

Hello!

First I would like to point out that I know that I might be out on very
narrow ledge here and I do not expect any of you fine people to now the
answer to my troubles but I'll give it a go...

I been trying to get the following working:
Openafs 1.2.7 on a HP rx2600 ia64 machine running RedHat 7.3beta

I konw it sounds scary, and belive me ... it is:)

I have been trying to compile using the openafs SRMPS from both redhat
7.3 and 8.0, the compile goes fine but when i try loading the module I
get the following:
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.18-e.0.20-ia64.mp.o: unresolved symbol
sys_open
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.18-e.0.20-ia64.mp.o: unresolved symbol
sys_exit
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.18-e.0.20-ia64.mp.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  Contact the module supplier for
      assistance, only they can help you.

TSo the question is: Since the syscall stuff works differently on ia64
(or so I'm told) are the patches for missing syscall table in redhat not
working here or is there something else that is causing this problem?

 /Nico

--
Niklas Jakobsson - System Engineer @ PDC-KTH
mailto:nico@pdc.kth.se