[OpenAFS-devel] afs_vnop_fid.c

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:49:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Jim Rees wrote:

> Two questions about afs_vnop_fid.c:
>
> 1. Why is it linked in to my nonfs kernel module?

because there's a vnode operation that calls it and we thus provide an op.
the question you really want is why isn't the bulk of the function not
compiled in in the nonfs case, and i don't know the answer to that.

> 2. Why does it call AFS_KALLOC directly instead of going through
> afs_osi_Alloc()?

without looking at old ibm source (which i'm not going to do) i can only
guess.

pick one of:
-stupidity
-the extra glue in afs_osi_Alloc() screwed it up on some system (doubt it)
-there was more extra glue before for some OS which was desupported and
 the right cleanup never happened.

i'll guess the last.