[OpenAFS-devel] Apple Xserve ....

Valerio Luccio valerio@cns.nyu.edu
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:50:05 -0400

Hartmut wrote:

> You should use the NAMEI-Interface instead of the old inode-Interface
> which is difficult and dangerous to implement on new platforms. Make
> sure the param.h contains a define for AFS_NAMEI_ENV. With this
> interface the fileserver doesn't need any kernel extensions.

To tell you the truth I don't know what interface the packaged version
uses, but I'll try to rebuild it using NAMEI and see what happens.

Thanks,

--
Valerio Luccio                  (212) 998-8736
Center For Neural Science       4 Washington Place, Room 935

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"