[OpenAFS-devel] Updated redhat workaround patch

seth vidal skvidal@phy.duke.edu
22 Oct 2002 10:32:30 -0400

--=-ExHJuetc89OLbbbteiAO

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 10:26, Derek Atkins wrote:
> seth vidal <skvidal@phy.duke.edu> writes:
>=20
> > Not disputing that - but then again - the nfs stack in the kernel won't
> > work elsewhere either. Doesn't seem to concern the kernel development
> > people.
>=20
> Except there was never a pre-existing, portable implementation
> of in-kernel NFS, to the analogy doesn't follow.
>=20

<shrug> I don't have any say in the matter, anyway :) I'll be glad to
cede the point that the nfs analogy is poor.

I was just pointing out that what the core kernel devel folks are wont
to do is often based out of license compatibility and general feeling of
consistency with the rest of the kernel.

-sv

--=-ExHJuetc89OLbbbteiAO

--=-ExHJuetc89OLbbbteiAO--