[OpenAFS-devel] Updated redhat workaround patch

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:35:27 -0400

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:30:28PM -0400, Tim C. wrote:
>   Another great use of this, we at UMBC have a /usr/local in afs space that
> most clients are linked to.  If there was some computer that didn't really need
> access to afs cause it had all their files locally, then it could use this
> read-only client to get /usr/local.  It's not something they're allowed to
> write to anyway, so it's actually better for us.

This is exactly the situation at BU. Most departments have a fileserver with
home directories, but we maintain an applications tree centrally.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>