[OpenAFS-devel] volserver tuning

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:51:53 -0500

      We have noticed that with the increase in PCs and laptops that
      travel between offices and home that the BreakCallback calls
      can fail/timeout because they are no longer on the network.

Everyone would be much happier if clients would return their callbacks
before shutting down or disconnecting.  I have some old code that does this,
and putting it in openafs is on my list of things to do.

There are some other tweaks that make mobile clients happier.  They need to
shut down all their rx connections when changing IP address, for example.