[OpenAFS-devel] How can I compile sysname rs_aix43 into OpenAFS 1.2.7 ?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:04:58 +0200

Michael Niksch wrote:
>>That's not enough: You need also to modify configure or better
>>src/cf/osconf.m4 and run regen.sh
>

> Thanks once more for you help!
>
> My first problem, however, is the fact that my tree doesn't contain
> src/cf/osconf.m4.

Ok, this may be only in the general cvs tree while the configure in your
distribution was already built on top of these. But you may also edit
configure. There is a section dealing with the different sysnames (just
look for rs_aix42). You may add the same for rs_aix43.

Hartmut Reuter

> Second, regen.sh seems to require aclocal, autoconf, and autoheader,
> none of which I have on my AIX system. Could I run those on Linux even
> though I want to configure for AIX ?
>
> Looking at configure itself, it just seems to set AFS_SYSNAME, which I
> have of course overruled using --with-afs-sysname=rs_aix43. What other
> changes would I need in configure ?

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)