[OpenAFS-devel] klog does not work with kaserver

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:39:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Pavel Semerad wrote:

> Hi,
> in last CVS openafs version klog does not work with kaserver. It Produces:
>
> Unable to authenticate to AFS because AuthServer returned incorrect response.
>
> Problem is with last change to src/kauth/kaprocs (from 1.10 to 1.11), server now
> returns cell name (krb realm), but check chkstr(caller->cell) in
> src/kauth/authclient.c, function CheckTicketAnswer does not expect it (caller->cell is
> empty string).

Very unfortunate too. I observed the problem that caused the change
firsthand. I will revert the change, and hopefully the other problem is
sufficiently rare that no one else will have it.