[OpenAFS-devel] Jaguar pam compilation

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:32:27 -0400

--On Thursday, September 19, 2002 15:33:11 -0400 David Botsch
<dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu> wrote:

> any ideas what I need to link in to resolve this symbol?

You probably can't have that symbol. It's defined in one of the objects
that initialize the early c runtime in an executable (/usr/lib/crt1.o)

It appears that the way this is supposed to be dealt with by shared
libraries is to call _NSGetEnviron, which (I'm guessing) returns a pointer
to environ.

The other thing we could do is make use of setenv() or putenv() in
ktc_newpag, which is where I suspect the only relevant reference to environ
is (this of course would require appropriate configure tests if we don't
already have them.)