[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] AFS 1.2.8 fileserver Failing in GetClient()

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:33:33 -0600

"Douglas E. Engert" wrote:

> Great, I will try this today.

I have not been able to try STABLE12-h-gethost-r-race-20030401

The file servers have stayed up since we put on the 1.2.9-rc4 fileserver,
and the two machines which are triggering the VBUSYING messages are running,
apparently without any problems. They are all production machines, so I
don't want to touch them if possible.

We are still trying to figure out what is triggering it, so we can try and
reproduce it on our third AFS server that is not as critical. If we can, then
we can try you patch on that server. We think the multi-homed client
has something to do with it. Upgrading the cache manager to 1.2.8 did not help.

Thanks for the quick response, we are looking forward to 1.2.9.