[OpenAFS-devel] Adding an "estimate" function to vlserver

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:19:21 +0200 (CEST)

> > Can you estimate size of incremetal dumps, or just full ones?
>
> Both.

Ok, gimme, gimme!

We do vos dump into TSM API to do backup/archive of volumes and it
would be nice to be able to give a decent size in the size field.
Not necessary, but nice, especially for incrementals.

Btw if you do
/usr/afsws/sbin/vos dump -time <dump from time>
the way <dump from time> is parsed is not so good.
I would be glad if ktime_ParseDate() did get replaced.

One example:

    if ((year  < 0) ||
        (month < 1) || (month > 12) ||
        (day   < 1) || (day   > 31) ||     /* more or less */
        (hour  < 0) || (hour  > 23) ||
        (min   < 0) || (min   > 59) ||
        (sec   < 0) || (sec   > 59))
      return -2;

Not so flashy. Anyone found/written something that could be used
instead?

Harald.