[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.2.9 Release Candidate 5 now available for testing

Michael Niksch nik@zurich.ibm.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:36:31 +0200

> > Please try out this release candidate and report your findings.
> >
> > I suggest you add the attached patch to make namei salvager work
> > properly on AIX.
> >
> > Is there any hope that the necessary changes for rs_aix51 will be
> > ported back to the 1.2.9 release?

> This late in the release cycle it would trigger the need for a lot
> more testing, and would probably be non-trivial because the CVS head
> has diverged so much.

Please note that this were actually two separate requests:

1) The salvager patch is a trivial patch for rs_aix42 that disables a
   bit of historic AIX/non-namei code if salvager is compiled for
   AIX/namei. It is necessary to prevent salvager from crashing in
   certain situations.

2) I agree that it is probably too late to incorporate rs_aix51.

--
Michael Niksch                     /Zurich/IBM @ IBMCH
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory     nik@zurich.ibm.com