[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.9 bug

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah@stanford.edu
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:56:25 -0700

--On Wednesday, April 23, 2003 10:04 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In testing OpenAFS-1.2.9 on my Solaris 9 box, I'm finding some oddities
> that don't seem to occur with 1.2.9 on Solaris 8.
>
> 1) ls -l takes 13 seconds (as compared to 0.06 under Solaris 8).  This
> happens every time I do an ls -l.  I've deleted and recreated my cache a
> few times, and it still happens every time I do an ls -l on any directory.
>
> 2) The alias' for our site are not being created in the /afs directory
> from the DNS entry for our cell.

More exactly, the alias' for our cell are not being created in 1.2.9 on any
Solaris platform.  This is a break in functionality that used to exist.
This may or may not be the case for other platforms, I haven't had a chance
to test.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount