[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.9 bug

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:09:24 -0700

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:34:14PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> And to be even more precise, our cell name is ir.stanford.edu, and under
> previous versions of the AFS client with -dynroot -afsdb, /afs/ir and
> /afs/.ir just showed up and worked.  Now, they don't; /afs/ir.stanford.edu
> is there (and /afs/.ir.stanford.edu) but not the names without the
> domains.

I have no idea what might be causing this, but you could work around
it by putting "ir.stanford.edu ir" into /usr/vice/etc/CellAlias.  That
would have the added benefit of making /afs/ir and /afs/.ir work
correctly on systems where stanford.edu is (intentionally) not in the
domain search list.

(This is, in fact, what we've always done with our Mac OS X client, so
that /afs/ir works correctly for people who use their Mac off-campus,
etc...  Also because afsdb isn't yet viable on Mac OS X.)

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>