[OpenAFS-devel] Parse errors and compile errors when compiling OpenAFS

Bo Nygaard Bai bai@kom.auc.dk
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:10:37 +0100

Adam Parrish wrote:

>I downloaded openafs-modules-source to patch my 2.4.20 kernel and I am
>getting a significant amount of errors a ways into the compile. Does
>anyone know what any of this could be. I am pasting the final bit of the
>compile output and hopefully that will help someone debug this problem.
>I am running the command
>"make-kpkg modules_image --append_to_version -ia64"
>the output can be viewed here:
>http://www4.ncsu.edu:8030/~waparris/afsoutput
>
>I found that disabling kernel module loader in the kernel fixed it for
>someone else, but this idea seems counter productive since this is a
>kernel module I am trying to compile, and I will eventually want to load
>it. I am installing this on ia64 by the way. Thanks in advance for any
>assistance.

I got similar errors when building openafs-1.2.10 on Debian 'sid' for
a 2.4.22 kernel on i386.  The problem turned out to be that 'sid' had
kernel headers from 2.5.x in /usr/include. I don't know if this problem
exists on ia64 too.

If this is your problem, you could try to compile like this:

C_INCLUDE_PATH=/my/kernel/source/include make-kpkg modules-image

It solved my build problems.

/Bo Bai