[OpenAFS-devel] afsd default options

Derek Atkins warlord@mit.edu
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:23:27 -0500

Quoting Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>:

> I think stat cache size is dynamically adjusted depending on cache size,
> right?  I have no opinion on number of daemons or volumes.  Has anyone done
> research?
>
> We could drop the -afsdb.  I think the others are more important.

Is it?  Then what's the point of the -stat XXXX command-line argument?

I dont think I have a strong opinion about -afsdb; I think I'd like to
see it be the default, but I'm just as happy seeing the default rc script
call afsd with -afsdb.  Then the Darwin rc script can do something different.
(Or, the default can be -afsdb and the Darwin script can call afsd with
-noafsdb)....

-derek