[OpenAFS-devel] openAFS-1.2.10a and Opteron

Herbert Huber Herbert.Huber@lrz-muenchen.de
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:07:48 +0100

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------ACEC178793709D96C4433D4E

Hi,

has anybody managed to build a working openAFS client for a dual Opteron
system, running SuSE Linux 8.2 (x86-64), kernel 2.4.23 with SGIs XFS
patch?
I can start the AFS client and list all directories which have at least
lookup rights for system:anyuser. Trying
to cd into one of my directories (I had a valid AFS token at this time!)
without lookup rights for system:anyuser produces an error message
telling that the connection to the AFS file server has timed out. This
behaviour is 100% reproducible.

Unfortunately the client doesn't produce any kernel oops and the only
AFS-related syslog message I've found is the following:

Dec  5 14:43:54 lxtest kernel: Found ia32_sys_call_table at 803ac040

/Herbert

--------------ACEC178793709D96C4433D4E

begin:vcard
n:Huber;Herbert
tel;cell:0171-7602793
tel;fax:089-2809460
tel;work:089-289-28833
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.lrz.de
org:Leibniz-Rechenzentrum der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften;Hochleistungssysteme
adr:;;Barer Str. 21;München;Bayern;D-80333;Deutschland
version:2.1
email;internet:herbert.huber@lrz.de
title:Dr.
x-mozilla-cpt:;0