[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS-1.3.50 and what version of NSIS?

Murawski, Rob rsm4@cssd.pitt.edu
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:16:31 -0500

Yes, it seems that when the MUI was upgraded, they changed a number of
the macros and constants.  Basically, the answer on the NSIS FAQ is that
scripts for 2.0b3 are not compatible with 2.0b4.

The NSIS CVS now has a version number constant in it and I am working on
updating the build process to determine which version of NSIS is being
used (for 2.0b3 and 2.0b4).  There are some nice new features in 2.0b4
I'd like to use, but, in a way, I'd like to see a non-beta version of
NSIS for us to use in a production code release.  When we get closer to
a release, we'll need to lock in on a particular version of NSIS.

Also, my hope is that the Korean MUI support is in 2.0b4 and we can
re-enable that code in the installer.

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas E. Engert [mailto:deengert@anl.gov]=20
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 11:19 AM
To: Murawski, Rob
Cc: openafs-devel@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS-1.3.50 and what version of NSIS?

Rob Murawski wrote:
>=20
> I am building it with NSIS 2.0b3.  I'll have to see what changed in
b4.

I downgraded to 2.0b3 this morning and it got past the failure. So be
carefull as to what version is being used for a production release.=20

I am using VC++ 6.0 on W2K, and ran into a missing file, msvcr71.dll
This appears to be needed when using Visual Studio .NET=20

I also found some problems with some missing language files.=20
So I added the /nonfatal option in the OpenAFS.nsi for each of these.
(I don't know why they are missing.)

NSIS then built the package, and it installs and is running.=20

 =20