[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1-2.9-rc2 build with W2k, Visual Studio.net 7, Oct 2002 SDK

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:27:22 -0500 (EST)

(how did openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org end up getting cc'd on this?)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Ken Beal wrote:

> Is there a HOWTO on building AFS for Windows?  I'm trying the stable release
> (1.2.8) on Windows 2000 under cygwin but I can't get past the "./configure"
> part (it tells me "checking your AFS sysname... configure: error: An AFS
> sysname is required" and if I try it with
> "./configure --with-afs-sysname=pc-cygwin" (a guess from grepping
> config.guess) it tells me "configure: error: no source file
> src/config/Makefile.pc-cygwin.in").
>
> Looking in src/config, I don't see any Makefile.* which looks like it would
> fit with cygwin or Windows NT/2000.

NTMakefile, probably.

> Also, can I use cygwin or should I try it with Visual Studio 6?  Any
> information would be helpful.

Switch to VC6. Look at src/README-NT for more details. I can't answer your
questions, I've never built on any Windows platform.