[OpenAFS-devel] Progress with OpenAFS-1.2.8 on HP-UX 11.22

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:01:50 -0600

Derrick,
The kernel code for HP-UX 11.22 on the IA64 appears to be very similiar to
the code for the 11i. I was wondering how far you have gotten with replacing
the alpha semephore used by AFS for 11i?

I have now built a libafs64.noafs.a for the HP-UX 11.22 on the IA64.
I have commented out the afs_osi.c code which set the clock, and
have removed the the vmemp_* routines, as suggesed by
"Srikanth Vishwanathan" <vsrikanth@in.ibm.com>

The next step it to replace the alpha semaphore code with a beta semaphore,
as the kernel panics with a message saying:

panic: initsema: sorry, filesys_sema is the only alpha semaphore allowed

This comes from the osi_InitGlock code. I was expecting that since the kernel
still had support for alpha semaphores the AFS code could still use one, but
I guess not.

If you have not gotten this far, I will proceed to look at this.

Thanks.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory