[OpenAFS-devel] Impending OpenAFS 1.2.9 and Phoebe/2.4.20

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:50:17 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Christopher Green wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it envisioned that the 1.2.9 release of OpenAFS will compile with the
> 2.4.20 kernel? I am in the position of needing to use this kernel with an
> AFS client (on an RH7.3-ish system, actually) on some new server hardware
> that requires the newer kernel, and without a working AFS client on that
> platform I'm kinda stuck.

It should. You're welcome to
cvs co -r openafs-stable-1_2_x openafs
and try it. 1.2.8 worked with 2.4.20 as far as I knew, is this some
vendor's "special" (short bus, not today's catch) kernel?