[OpenAFS-devel] coding standards proposal

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:38:58 -0500

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> at the expense of code readability in my opinion, but we're like way on
> the edge of a religious war now. sigh.

Caveat: My contributions to the OpenAFS code base have been minimal, and
  are like to remain so. The following comment is not meant as bait;
let's just say I'm saying it for completeness, then we can move on to
whatever mistake we care to make wrt tabs...

Tabs are evil critters and should be excised from all code.  They are a
poor substitute for spaces (which, BTW, are seldom misinterpreted) and
can no longer be justified (no pun intended) with storage so cheap these
days. Every editor I'm aware of can do what you intend with spaces, but
they can all screw up the intent of the misguided soul who put tabs in
to begin with.

You asked, I'm done, sorry it isn't indented properly, etc.
   / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu              http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
  /(919) 962-5273           "Year 00 compliant for -98 years!" /