[OpenAFS-devel] CVS questions

Matthew A. Bacchi mbacchi@btv.ibm.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:28:04 -0500

> On what platform?
> Builds to completion on my RH7.2 Linux box, and it looks like it will on
> my Solaris 8 box.

On AIX 4.3.3 I can't get past the export directory, it dies with

   cd src && cd export && make all
   /openafs/cvs/openafs/src/pinstall/pinstall export.exp /openafs/cvs/openafs/lib/export.exp
make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target export64.exp from dependencies.
Stop.

I see that Hartmut is working on 5.1 compatibility, but I was trying
to back those changes out by doing a 'cvs update', then ran into
trouble with the Makefile changes.  No big deal.

>> Also, would be useful to have a standard method for command line help?
>>  I notice that some binaries take "-?" to provide command line help,
>
>which ones?

$ pwd
/openafs/openafs-1.2.9-rc1/

$ rs_aix42/dest/root.server/usr/afs/bin/volinfo -?
rs_aix42/dest/root.server/usr/afs/bin/volinfo: Unrecognized or ambiguous switch '-?'; type 'rs_aix42/dest/root.server/usr/afs/bin/volinfo -help' for detailed help

Is this because in vol-info.c there needs to be something else done
prior to running cmd_Dispatch() in main?  Would running
cmd_SetBeforeProc() do it?

Thanks again,
-Matt