[OpenAFS-devel] code and API documentation

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:38:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Matthew A. Bacchi wrote:

> Is there currently any documentation for the OpenAFS codebase, or
> possibly any interest in developing this?  The source tree is daunting

You mean code reference as opposed to API reference? The former, no. The
latter, out of date.

> I have been using a source documentation tool called doxygen with some
> small projects, and think it could be useful here.  I've already run
> it against the openafs-1.2.7 release, just to see how it works.  It
> basically provides a map of the tree, with cross references of
> functions, headers, etc.  But, to make full use of doxygen's
> capabilities, commentary would need to be embedded into the source
> itself, sorta like JavaDoc, obviously this could be expensive on a
> project of this size.

Perhaps there's some other option such that the code doesn't get all
smeared up with the documentation?