[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.2.8 fails to come up on sunblade running Dec '02 Solaris 9

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:37:38 -0500

> Hi, OpenAFS 1.2.8 came up fine on a sunblade 2000 running the initial
> release of Solaris 9, however it panics with a "bad trap occurred
> in module unix due to a null pointer dereference" when I try to
> bring it up on the December '02 release.

Could you enable savecore on this machine, and then show us the stack
trace from the crash dump?  This might give at least some clue as to
what's going on -- the panic message you cite only says "something
went wrong".  To obtain the stack trace from a crash dump, you can
do something like:

  adb /var/crash/hostname/{unix,vmcore}.N
  $c

Sometimes the other info printed along with the panic is also useful;
you could extract those from syslog (e.g. the backtrace, which is at
times different from the crash dump stack trace).

-- kolya