[OpenAFS-devel] Proposed change for handling backup volumes

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 10:23:26 -0400

--On Wednesday, July 02, 2003 15:15:47 -0400 Kris Van Hees
<aedil-afs@alchar.org> wrote:

> [...] when this is enabled, normal volume mountpoints will be treated
> in a way where once you enter a backup volume, you remain within a
> tree of backup volumes as long as they are available for all the
> mountpoints you pass.

Excellent!

Does this really need to be controlled through /proc/ though?  I think
this is a useful extension of what already happens with RO volumes and
seems unlikely to need to be switched on or off at any time.  I would
prefer it to always be on :-)

Thanks,
Rudy