[OpenAFS-devel] Porting of AFS into UML

Kris Van Hees aedil-afs@alchar.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:26:17 -0400

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 08:15:25PM +0800, Raymond Wong wrote:
> Has anyone done any coding related to the porting of AFS into UML
> (User-mode Linux)?  I found it is quite painful.  Currently, I found no
> manuals in relation to setting up whole AFS by using AFS source code
> only.  I have successfully compiled the AFS source in UML but I have no
> idea how to configure AFS manually.  Could anyone give me some hints?

Raymond,

	I added code for supporting the User Mode Linux as  a  supported
architecture.  The code should be in both 1.2.10 and in the CVS HEAD.  I
do notice that I need to update the patch for CVS HEAD because it uses a
mechanism to detect UML which no longer works with the newer UML release
code.  Note that you do need to have the Linux kernel source  code  with
the UML patch applied available in /usr/src/linux.

	The configuration should be identical to the one used for  Linux
based OpenAFS.

	Kris