[OpenAFS-devel] namei vs. inode on AIX

Matt Bacchi mbacchi@gmavt.net
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:11:01 -0400

Ok, I'm confused.  I cannot compile with --disable-namei-fileserver for
some reason.  At one point the inode fileserver was the default on AIX,
but that doesn't appear to be the case any longer.  I have a partition
on my test server that previously housed volumes with the inode
fileserver.  When I run configure with the --disable-namei-fileserver
option, then check src/config/afsconfig.h, AFS_NAMEI_ENV is still
defined as before.

So my questions are:

1.  Can I actually disable AFS_NAMEI_ENV with configure?

2.  If I uncomment line 8 in src/config/afsconfig.h should I get an
inode fileserver?

3.  How can I determine if the binaries in /usr/afs/bin are inode or
namei capable?  (symbols?)

4.  How can I determine if the volumes on the partition are ok, and I'm
not just getting an error because they are corrupt?  (I don't really
care about the volumes because it's only a test server, I just want to
determine if the error is valid)

5.  What is actually creating the log /usr/afs/logs/FileLog?
Fileserver?  That is where the error messages are output, example:

Tue Jul  8 13:51:22 2003 This program is compiled with AFS_NAMEI_ENV,
but partition /vicepa seems to contain
volumes which don't use the namei-interface; aborting

Thanks in advance,
-Matt