[OpenAFS-devel] how can we contribute the development of OpenAFS?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
01 May 2003 12:35:45 -0400

Weisong Shi <weisong@cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Hello Folks,
>   	I am Weisong Shi, an assistant professor of Department of
> Computer Science, and Wayne State University.  We are very interested
> in  using OpenAFS in our on-going reserach project. I am wondering how
> can we contribute our work to this community.

Send in patches.  Send in bugs..  How would you LIKE to contribute?

> 	Another realted question. Does the Linux support AFS now? If

Yes.

> yes, which one is used, Arla or OpenAFS?

Either.  Both..  Which would you prefer?  There are pre-packaged
OpenAFS RPMs for Red Hat Linux (versions 6.2, 7.[123], 8.0, and 9.0)
as well as pre-packaged .deb for Debian 3.0/x86, and the sources
should build on most other Linux flavors.

> 	Thanks a lot.
>
> Regards
>
> -Weisong

-derek