[OpenAFS-devel] Windows build 1.2.9a

Ben Creech bpcreech@eos.ncsu.edu
Wed, 21 May 2003 18:10:58 -0400

Should I need to "set AFSDEV_CRTDEBUG=1" to compile under VS.NET, or am I
doing something wrong?

I applied James Peterson's 1.2.9a patch and found a vs6 largeint.h, and it
compiled just dandy up until it started linking.  For some reason, the
linker wasn't looking in msvcrt.lib (yes, it's in the path, and no, global
/nodefaultlibs wasn't set).

Even when I manually linked with msvcrt.lib (cutting and pasting the line
from the makefile output), the linker failed looking for
__imp____CrtDbgReport.  Once I took out the /nodefaultlibs:msvcrtd, it
compiled.

With AFSDEV_CRTDEBUG set, everything compiled, but the linker is probably
using all kinds of debug runtime stuff I don't really want.  It's also
interesting that my file sizes are different from those in Scott's
installer, which are presumably compiled the same way.  In other words, he
knows something I don't.

Incidentally, I now have an afsd_service.exe with a flags=0 between lines
5904 and 5905 of smb.c, so soon I will see if that makes my problems go
away without creating any new ones.