[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS-1.2.x and HPUX

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:30:33 -0500

Derrik,
I have reapplied all the patches I had for HPUX to the
openafs-1.2.x-rc0 snapshot. It complies on hp_ux110, hp_ux11i
and ia64_hpux1122

See:

/afs/anl.gov/usr/ctd/b17783/pub/openafs.1.2.x-rc0-HPUX.diffs.20030522

I have tried it far on hp_ux110 and it is running. I and my
HP admin, are both off tomorrow, so I have not booted the hp_ux11i
or ia64_hpux1122 systems.

Although the changes where originally designed for the IA64
all most all of the kernel changes apply to the hp_ux11i and hp_ux110.
This includes using the beta semaphore an all the systems rather
then the older alpha semaphore which is being phased out, hp_ux110
being the last system to support it.

I would appreciate it if these mods could be added to the 1.2.x release
soon. Most of the change I had to make where to configure and parm
files, not to the source. If you add these I will continue to test the
next RC, and can even produce a distribution for one of more of these
platforms.

Thanks.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>