[OpenAFS-devel] Kerberos/AFS login on IRIX

Chris Campbell ijkdc@hotmail.com
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 18:55:33 -0600

Hello,
   Thanks to some assistance from people on this list, a while back I
got Kerberos login with AFS working on our Sun workstations.
Everyone's happy with it and now my boss wants me to do the same for
the lone SGI IRIX machine in our department.  The big problem is that
SGI doesn't support PAM out of the box like Solaris does.  I've found a
little information about an AFS module from Transarc that apparently
works with SGI's xdm and login. I don't if this would work for us or
not.  The other option would be installing the PAM stuff and replacing
XDM with a login manager that supports PAM.  Here's my situation:

IRIX workstation
some local users, some remote via SSH
IRIX 6.5
Kerberos 4/5 KDC, may soon move to all KRB 5, beyond my control

Has anyone successfully set this stuff up?  If so I would like to hear
from you.

Thanks,
Chris