[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for 64 bit Debian

Adam Parrish waparris@ncsu.edu
14 Nov 2003 15:12:03 -0500

I am having an issue getting OpenAFS to compile for 64 bit architecture
on ia64. I am using Debian Woody

My method is to unzip the source and configure it using ./configure.

Then issue the command: make-kpkg configure --append_to_version -ia64
which completes without error.

I then get an error when trying
make-kpkg modules_image --append_to_version -ia64

The following is the error text.

configure: error: no source file src/config/Makefile.ia64_linux24.in
make[1]: *** [build-modules-stamp] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/openafs'
Module /usr/src/modules/openafs failed.

I checked the modules/openafs/src/config and as the error says there is
no Makefile for ia64. Is there some compiler specific option I have to
use to make it explicitly make the ia64 openafs module.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Adam

--