[OpenAFS-devel] Rx over TCP to solve some NAT & Firewall issues?

Joshua Johnson joshua.johnson@ftlsys.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:31:46 -0600

I (for one) would be very interested in seeing this thread of conversation
continue and the ideas presented on it gathered.

I don't currently see an RX mailing list or an RX project for OpenAFS,
should there be one?

I have wondered about TCP for RX and what the implications of it could mean.

Where does IPV6 fit into this?

I also wonder if RX is too "half-duplex" oriented, but I haven't read
through enough data yet.

How involved is the current RX in the raw IO performance gap (AFS vs. NFS,
FTP et. all) people bring up?

Anyway, sorry for my ramblings. Where is the appropriate place to toss
around thoughts/ideas involving RX ?

Best Regards,

Joshua