[OpenAFS-devel] Rx over TCP to solve some NAT & Firewall issues?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:30:31 -0500

>> Remind me again how many damn #ifdefs are in process.s? :-)
>
>Maintaining something which is already split implementations per platform
>is different than willingly adding more of the same.

I guess my point that given the architecture dependencies already in AFS,
we could argue whether or not a "generic" fileserver exists today.  I
don't see a huge problem with changing the way we do FD management
to a more efficient per-platform system.  And if it's all hidden inside
LWP (since that's what seems to handle FDs today; I don't see any calls to
select() or poll() in the fileserver), does it really matter?

--Ken