[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.2.10 patches for Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Edward Moy emoy@apple.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:35:08 -0700

Hello, I've been working on porting OpenAFS to Panther would like to
know the procedures for submitting the patches back to the OpenAFS
project.  I have cleared the code on the Apple end.

Besides just getting OpenAFS to work under Panther, I have fixed
several bugs, including one that crashes the Panther Finder.  I have
also finally included the changes I have been working on to get the
server to run under Panther.  Finally, there are changes to the
packaging scripts to work under Panther, as well as a runtime
configuration setting using sysctl().

As you may know, Panther will officially start shipping in a matter of
days, and unfortunately, OpenAFS compiled on a pre-Panther machine will
not run on Panther.  So, it would be nice if these patches could be
made available (and hopefully some prebuilt binaries) so that Panther
users can use OpenAFS.

Edward Moy
Apple