[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS support for large tickets

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:41:26 -0500

I submitted some changes to ktc.c and afs_pioctl.c to support
the passing of large tickets to the cache manager These go along with the
MD4 and MD5 changes. See the bug #3966

Unfortunatly Microsoft still has not come out with the NO_PAC hotfix,
which would have helped in this sitiation, and can still be usefull
in the future.

I have these changes running on a Solaris 5.8 system with 1.2.11.
I have used tickets created by the kaserever, a W2003 AD and an MIT
krb5-1.3.2 KDC. I have a modified ak5log that can use krb524d to
convert to a K4 ticket, or can use the K5 ticket from W2003 or krb5-1.3.2
directly.

It looks like the changes should apply to the CVS head easily.

Please look over the afs_pioctl.c code carefully, since the site
of the ticket required some changes to use the osi_Alloc insted of the
osi_AllocLargeSize when calling GetTokens and SetTokens.

Thanks.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory