[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:41:13 -0500

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 06:24:27PM -0400, chas williams (contractor) wrote:
> for the curious, the sources in the openafs development cvs tree
> should now have preliminary linux 2.6 kernel support.
>
> you WILL need to recompile your 2.6 kernel after applying the
> following patch (and before you run afs' configure as well).
> hopefully the dependency on exporting sys_call_table[] will go
> away in the near future.
>
> i believe the setgroup hooking issues can be handled with the
> new security mechanism in 2.6.  would i be a terrible burden
> to require people to use CONFIG_SECURITY if they want pag support?

Have you seen the suggested patches that David Howells has for 2.6?

I have them at http://hozed.org/~hozer/afs/

If you can make afs work with this mechanism, I can work on trying to
get patches into the kernel. At the very least, we can probably get them
into the PPC64 devel tree at http://source.scl.ameslab.gov

Following is the text of an email conversation with him..