[OpenAFS-devel] pr_Initialize falis when called within a simple application

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:20:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, John Hayes wrote:

> That's disgusting! Not that you were able to make it work, but that it
> wasn't such a big deal.
>
> I tried just dropping -ldes and adding -lcrypto. It compiled just fine but
> crashed all the same. I suppose that it could be adding the des library
> anyway.

What platform are you on?

> How do I construct a shim library to fake it out, or don't you think that
> is essential?

It shouldn't matter. I have the shim solely so I can use AFS with our
Kerberos, which was compiled to use OpenSSL and not the included des.