[OpenAFS-devel] pr_Initialize falis when called within a simple application

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:23:41 -0400 (EDT)

> The debug output lists "in rx1" 3X before failing, and that after printing
> "in rx2"". It never completes the third "in rx3" message before producing
> the segfault.
>
> The debugger messages being displayed around the vicinity of the error
> take place within the module "rx/rx.c" on line number 758 (that is with
> the inclusion of some debug print statements) right here:
> printf ( "in rx2\n" );
>    RXS_NewConnection(securityObject, conn);    <------
> printf ( "in rx3\n" );
>
> Now this line ( RXS_NewConnection(securityObject, conn) ) ) appears to be
> a  macro which I haven't tried to make much sense out of yet.

It chooses which security method to call the new connection function in.
Choices are rxnull or rxkad. I can't remember but I think the only part of
the ka suite which uses rxkad explicitly is password changing.