[OpenAFS-devel] klog with openafs-snap-2004-08-16 in SuSE-9.1 (linux 2.6.5-7.104)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:34:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> This first patch to sock_create() implies the configure test is
> wrong when trying to determine whether sock_create has a fifth
> argument or not.  Try fixing the configure test, because I know
> the gatekeepers wont accept this patch as-is.

actually, while i'd love a fixed configure test, for the moment
5th-argument-sock-create is unsupported again in CVS. it seems to have
briefly appeared and then disappeared. people with those small number of
weird kernels get to patch it.

>> I don't know why kawrap_ubik_Call fails for me, I just observed that
>> without the patch it overwrites some memory (e.g. ans_label) and klog
>> falls back to version 0 authentication and eventually returns:

i will look into that. but explains some problems other people reported
recently