[OpenAFS-devel] -server argumant in vos listvldb ignored.

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:23:38 -0500

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004 17:15:20 +0100 Harald Barth
<haba@pdc.kth.se> wrote:

>> Why not just use udebug against the vldb port?  That'll tell you if the
>> service is running.  Or "bos status" will tell you if the service is
>> running....
>
> Only usage of the service is a valid test.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Harald here.  I can certainly think of
scenarios in which the vlserver would appear to be running and even
answering rx and ubik debug requests, but not actually providing service.
For example, the vldb service should be out of threads.